The Embassy offers legalization services for documents that require them. Documents must be legalized in order to make them valid in the Dominican Republic.
Legalizations are usually required for:
- Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates
- Power of Attorney
- Academic Certificates and school records
- Business Contracts
- Certificates of Incorporation
- Single Status Affidavit (Certificate of non-impediment to marriage)
- Export Certificates
To whom this service is intended
The general public.
This service is offered by the Consular Section
Tel.: (613) 569-9893
Address: 130 Albert St., Suite 1605, K1P 5G4, Ottawa, ON, Canada
1. Power of Attorney and Single Status Affidavit must be notarized.
2. All documents must be authenticated in Global Affairs Canada (the Embassy offers courier service for authentication for an additional fee of USD $50)
Procedure to follow
Send the original documents to the Embassy along with a prepaid envelope for the return of your documents when they are ready.
Up to seven (7) business days
USD $100 for regular legalization and USD $150 for commercial legalization. Method of payment is draft check or money order only. Payable to: Embassy of the Dominican Republic
Hours of service
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
In person or via mail (Canada Post, FedEx, DHL, etc.)