1. Application form for the renewal of passport, with signature and fingerprints, filled in at the consulates in Montreal or Toronto.
2. Two (2) photos 2 "x 2", color and with white background, without earrings or chains, forehead and ears visible, without smiling.
3. Birth Certificate updated (no more than 2 years after being issued) and legalized by the JCE (If not available, please add US$10 to the total amount in order to issue one by the Central Electoral Board in New York)
4. Original Identity Card (Cédula de Identidad) NEW FORMAT. It will be returned to you with the new passport.
5. Expired passport.
6. Police Certificate, in cases of loss or theft of the passport, if you do not have a complete police report, you must pay the additional US32.00 charge.
7. Marriage Certificate updated and legalized by the JCE if you require changes in marital status. Your identity card must be with your married name.
8. Certificate of Divorce updated and legalized by the JCE if you require the removal of your husband's surname.
For under 18 years:
1. Identity Card NEW FORMAT (Cédula de Identidad) of the parents.
2. Birth Certificate or Original Adoption Certificate.
3. Child's previous passport. The same applies if the renewal is for loss.
4. Letter of consent from parents.